Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Challenges in my discipline

In this decade there are a lot of challenges in several disciplines. In my area Sociology, I think that the most important challenge is articulate with other disciplines like psychology, education, sciences, philosophy, among others. There is a great sociologist who said that in a book called “Open the social sciences” his name is Immanuel Wallerstein.

I think that the sociology has three important challenges, one is related with technology, other with social matters and finally the sociology has a challenge with the education.

The sociology must learn about technology and do things to improve the software’s and the statistics methods. Also the discipline must use the new media like television, internet, newspaper and the things of the new digital age.

My discipline has a lot to said about social matters, because the sociologist can see the society and we have to be on alert about the social changes, I think that a big challenge in this area is be able to resolve the inequality problem, this is a big problem because affect to all society and an important group of population is damage.

The last and most important challenge in sociology is education area; this is a big problem in the current society, especially public education. I think that in this matter the sociologist must do public politics to improve the public education.
I think that the three challenges mentioned before can be changed with public politics and I believe that sociologist can do a lot of plans and social intervention to improve the quality of life.

2 comments:

gabi.saieg said...

Valeria, I really love your idea of working with other disciplines. I am also working on Sociology and I think that the biggest challenge of our area is to work with other social discipline so we can use there developes and they can use our developes. This is the only way to explain the social matters on all there complexity.

felipe cruz said...

wow, fantastic. Congratulations for your article. bye Vale.