Monday, November 16, 2009

My academic year

The year 2009 was a hard year, especially for the decisions that I had to think. This year there are two principal matters that make me think about my future like a sociologist. The first one is my paper about the Chilean political elite this paper involve a lot of hard work, so was very important in my year; the second matter is a conference in Buenos Aires, there I think about my career and my life in the university. I believe that this year was a challenging year because I know that in December and the beginnings of next year I have to make a decision for my professional life.

This year is my last year with subjects and in most of the subjects I have a lot of papers to do, so I don’t have much free time. The most important subject this year is called “taller” there I with a partner make a paper about the political elite in Chile, the first term we search theory information about the elites and the second term we search information about the members of congress and the government important people. This was a big research project and I work a lot in this, so I was really pride about the results of this research, the principal results prove that the political elite in Chile had many alliance between them.

In other aspect, this year happened a very important event in my career, in October was the “ALAS” conference in Buenos Aires, Argentina. There, I learned a lot about Latin American sociology, and some of the conference makes me think about themes for my thesis and think about the sociology in general, for example I think about my objectives in my career and in my professional life. I know that this experience make me a better sociologist because forced me to think about the Chilean society and how to join my papers with my future thesis.

Now when the year is almost to finish I believe that my paper about the Chilean political elite reflect the Chilean society, so I think that I have to do my thesis in a similar theme, about the alliance and connection that Chilean society have. I am convinced that if a work like this year but in my thesis, I can achieve my purpose of be a good sociologist. I believe that if I be a good professional in my area, I can do a lot for the society, because I can plan public politics that help to the people who needs.

Interested Link: http://www.alas.fsoc.uba.ar/

No comments: